Cheesy Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
This recipe is sponsored by
- 8 medium potatoes
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 bulbs of garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Take garlic bulbs and cut about ¼” off the top, revealing the individual cloves. Using a muffin tin, place each bulb into the tin and drizzle with olive oil, rubbing the oil into the clove tops. Cover each bulb with tin foil and roast for 30-40 minutes, or until soft and slightly browned.
- While the garlic is roasting, rinse and peel the potatoes. Dice them into about 1” chunks, and put them into a medium to large pot. Cover them with water and bring them to a boil. Place a lid on the pot and let simmer for about 20 minutes or until soft. Remove from heat and drain. Return the potatoes to the pot.
- After the garlic cloves have been removed from the oven and cooled, use a small knife and cut along each clove and carefully squeeze out each clove. Set aside.
- Reduce the oven temperature down to 350 degrees. Add the roasted garlic cloves to the potatoes and mash both until smooth.
- Add milk and cheese to the potatoes. Stir well and season with salt and pepper to taste. Spread in a large baking dish. Dot with butter and slip into the oven for about 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown!
Let's stay connected!
Don't miss new updates in your email. Join our newsletter by entering your email below.
*Denotes a required field